What is wrong with barcode lap counters for schools? They have a cool web page. But, they show only a few students running past. They don’t tell you this…
- They can’t handle the load of the average 650 student elementary schools as they pass the barcode readers. Barcode scans are missed.
- Students run and stop, run and stop for every lap.
- SomePE teachers complain the barcode method teaches students how to run wrongly.
- They can’t automatically synchronize detection from multiple cell phones. The CLOUD causes latency too and there are security questions.
- This causes more lost detections and lost lap counts.
- They can’t produce split times reliably.
- Sun is a big problem requiring shade to read the results from the tablet or cell phone displays.
- Volunteers quit and walk off randomly due to time pressure and other commitments.
- Kids skip the scans to avoid the lines so they can keep on running.